Saturday, June 7, 2014

Living the dream

Hey bloggsters,

I love my job!

Have a I said that before?  For the first 10 years of my career, I found good work, with some good and some not-so-good people and tried my best at whatever task I was given. I got paid adequate compensation for the time I gave the companies I worked for and made some life-long friendships along the way.  Unfortunately, I never really felt at home.  Never truly felt on path or on purpose. This feeling gnawed away at my guts a little bit every day.   I kept pushing those feelings down as I sat in peak hour traffic and kept thinking about the salary, my reserved carpark and how good I looked in a suit.  This is not exactly a recipe for happiness.

Everyone has their breaking point when they are not listening to their gut.  So eventually I had a meltdown.   I felt nausea in my stomach every morning before work.  It's like the feeling I imagine soldiers feel before running into enemy territory.  You know shots are going to get fired at you from all angles.  You just don't know from where or by who.  A decade of letting fear dictate my decisions had taken its toll.

Grateful for everything I'd learned and the people who'd helped me along the way, I walked away from the highest paying job of my career into uncertainty.  Tired of giving my energy all day to others, I decided that I needed some energy back in and enrolled to do the Cert 3 &  4 in Fitness and that started me on my path to my future and my passion for health, fitness, self-improvement, nutrition, strength, longevity and sharing this with as many people as I could.

We attract what we put out.

I love what I do. I live these values every day. I love sharing my knowledge and enthusiasm with those ready and willing to change their lives for the better.  I didn't just want to be an okay PT, I wanted to be a great PT and I believe that those who see me in action recognise this pretty quickly.  In pursuing my own truth, I've attracted some amazing people and some incredible opportunities.  I have the best PT clients in the world.  However, after 5 years of waking up at 5am and finishing work at 9pm 5-6 days a week, I decided to embark on another dream and goal I've harboured for some years now, and started my own sport supplements company.  Tired of sending people to retail shops to be overcharged and sold god knows what, I decided the time was right to solve this problem once and for all.  This has flung me way out of my comfort zone; has me on a very steep learning curve; has pushed me mentally, emotionally and physically to my limits and has taught me yet again, that I'm capable of more than I give myself credit for.

I'm tired, nervous, excited, optimistic and proud.  I've lost some PT clients along the way which is sad and not my preference, but the vast majority who have been with me for years have been amazingly supportive and forgiving when I'm a little distracted or exhausted.   I am grateful to all of them for their support and for inspiring me to keep going. Thank you so much.

If you haven't had a chance to check out my new business, please click on the links below.  Like the facebook page, share posts with your friends, and if you ever need some nutritional support to help you with your training goals, don't waste your money anywhere else.

http://www.nutrientsdirect.com.au/


http://www.nutrientsdirect.com.au/

https://www.facebook.com/nutrientsdirect


https://www.facebook.com/nutrientsdirect

When I'm not tied up being very busy and important, I love coming to the gym and spending time with my amazing, hard-working, focussed, dedicated and talented clients.

Take a look at where Kaite and I have gotten her boxing skills to in the pretty incredibly video of us in action (if I may say so myself).  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment