Thursday, January 5, 2012

Celebrating Acheivement - Katie

Some time last year a diminutive young woman approached me to enquire about personal training.  She said she had been watching me train an older lady (who I believe to be Wendy) and loved how much we laughed and how much my client appeared to be enjoying herself whilst working out really hard.  She wanted some assistance with improving strength and fitness but above all needed to connect well with her trainer and have a good time.

So that was my first encounter with Katie.  Since then I think we've burnt as many calories laughing as we have exercising, and luckily for me, Katie has a fantastic sense of humour that makes all our sessions fly by and be very enjoyable.  Katie also has no fear about telling me what she needs and what she doesn't necessarily enjoy.  This has enabled us to stay on the same wavelength, have great training sessions and foster a close trainer-client relationship.  What I also learnt was that within this deceptively small body beats the heart of a beast and Katie often shows the boys up when she is in the zone.  I won't say much more as I think this short clip of Katie in action will do more justice to what she's about than my descriptions.  You may not see much of her sense of humour in this clip as she has her 'game face' on the whole time, but trust me, it's there.  So after watching this clip, don't feel too afraid to approach her and say hello.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment